You guys owe this blog to my good friend FoulBastard, who tagged me with this meme. He, in turn, had been tagged by another great friend, Karrielyne. What is a meme? It’s an idea, project, statement or even a question that is posted by one blog and responded to by other blogs. In this case, the topic is “8 Random Things about Me”, and at the end of the post I get to tag 8 more people, and hope they share 8 random facts about them. It’s a great way for us to learn things about each other that aren’t as likely to come up in the usual realms of the Blogosphere. So… here ya go….
1. I was a daddy’s girl and all out tom-boy when I was growing up (and I still am) , however, my mother tried to counteract my “tom-boyism” by having me take years of piano lessons, baton twirling, and tap-dancing, starting at the age of 5 and lasting til my early teens. I’m rusty, but can still pull off an adequate performance of any of them when I feel like it.
2. I’m a music maven, and listen to it 80% of my waking hours. I crank it up, dance around my living room, sing (badly) in my car at the top of my lungs. I apologize to those who actually hear me.
3. When I was 7 years old, the only thing I wanted for Christmas was a 3 Story Barbie Townhouse. What I got was my first telescope, and microscope. Now I’m a forensic science Buff, and amateur astronomer with a MUCH bigger telescope, and I never miss a visible meteor shower. I’ve gotten my son and my friends into watching the meteor showers, and we’ll drive “caravan style” into the middle of nowhere to throw blankets out in the middle of a field to watch one of “God’s Firework Displays”.
4. My feel are so ticklish, it’s a wonder that I can walk on them… really… no shit….
5. I hate anything lemon, including lemon/lime drinks. My theory: if you can see through it, don’t drink it.
6. I am a Java Junkie, and can drink coffee 24/7, and make Starbuck’s coffee taste like sewer water. By the way, my coffee is NOT see through.
7. I do my own car repairs, plumbing, and house remodeling, simply because I could never afford a professional, and had to learn to do it if I wanted it to get done. I’m pretty damned good at it too.
8. I’m in love with a guy who’s 1,000 miles away, but I believe “where there’s a will, there’s a way”. I’ve got the will… and working on “the way”.
And here are the 8 people I would like to learn a bit more about for a variety of different reasons….