I’m sure many of you have started a list at 43things.com. I was looking over my list this morning and got to thinking… “what are 43 things I could do everyday that would help to make me happy?” This is what I came up with…
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk,
smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock
if you have to.
3. Buy a DVR/TIVO, tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following
statement, “My purpose is to ______today.”
5. Live with the 3 E’s: Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games and read more books
than you did in 2007.
7. Find out who you are, and do it on purpose.
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under
the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk, and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the energy vampires away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special!
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years will this matter?”
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time…. time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick.
Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. Do the right thing!
37. Call your family often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following
statements: “I am thankful for __________. Today I
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of
41.Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. it and enjoy the ride.
42. Don’t be afraid to get into hot water. It keeps you clean.
….and think about this…..
43. How old would you be if you didn’t have a mirror… If you didn’t know when you were born? Your ancestors didn’t and they knew no boundaries!