“She was in the Twitter-Light Zone. She had been away from Twitter for almost a week, and was suffering Tweetdrawals. While Twaiting in Twaffic one Tweekend , she decided to Tweet to her Tweeps. In no time, she was lost in the Twitterstream, and caught up in the Twitterloop. She was feeling Twittilated by a few of the Twitticisms being Tweeted , and suddenly realized that she was/is a Tweetaholic.”
Twitter.com is becoming its own country (Twitterdom) and the natives there have been developing their own vernacular. I discovered the “Twitterictionary” while looking for new Twitter apps to play with. (I’ll be writing another blog later today covering those). In the meantime… are you up on the local jargon?
· Drunktwittering – Similar to drunk dialing.
· Link – Tiny URL for Twitter Glossary http://tinyurl.com/2f9pq7
· Mistweet – A tweet one later regrets. See here: http://urltea.com/gs7
· Twaiting – Twittering while waiting
· Twaffic – Twitter traffic.
· Tweekend – Spending your entire Saturday and Sunday reading and posting via Twitter. (coined by Kim M. Bayne )
· Tweeple – Twitter people, Twitter members, Twitter users
· Tweepish – Feeling sheepish or regretful about something you tweeted.
· Tweeps – Twitterites that follow each other from one social media/network to another.
· Tweet-back – Bringing a previous tweet conversation or reference back into the current conversation.
· Tweet-dropping – Eavesdropping on someone’s else’s Home Page in With Friends mode.
· Tweetaholism – the continued use of Twitter as an addiction that is difficult to control
· Tweeterboxes – Twitterers who tweet too much
· Tweetheart – that special someone who makes your heart skip a beat
· TweetIn – When a group of twitterers agree to get together at a set time to twitter
· Tweet(ing) – The act of posting to Twitter
· Tweets – Posts on Twitter by twitterers.
· Tweetsulted, Tweetsult – What do you think it means, you dumb twitterer?
· Twittercal mass – A community that has achieved a critical mass of twitterers.
· Twideo-cronicity – When you’re watching someone’s videos and they are simultaneously leaving a comment or tweet for/at/about you.
· TwinkedIn – Inviting friends made on Twitter to “connect with you on LinkedIn”
· Twis – To dis a fellow twitterer. Bad form.
· Twitosphere – Community of twitterers
· Twittastic – Fantastic, wonderful, superb; coined by the folks at Twitterholic when referring to their robots
· Twittcrastination – Twittering as a form of procrastination
· Twittduit – If you need to Tweet a friend that does not follow you, post a Twittduit asking your followers to pass a message.
· Twitter-Light Zone – Where you are when you return to Twitter after any time away and feel disoriented and lost.
· Twitterer – A user of Twitter.
· Twittering – To send a Twitter message.
· Twitterish – Erractic behavior with short outbursts.
· Twitteritas – Women who play with their twitters.
· Twittfeinated, Twigged Out, Twired – To be so hyped up on twittering that you cannot sleep
· Twitterfly – Being a social butterfly on Twitter evidenced by extreme usage of @ signs.
· Twitterject – Interject your tweet into an existing tweet stream of conversation.
· Twitter-ku – Those who either post on both Twitter and Jaiku or load their Twitter feed into Jaiku.
· TwitterLinkr – A service collecting the best links posted trough Twitter
· Twitterlooing – Twittering from a bathroom.
· Twitterloop – To be caught up with friend tweets and up on the conversation.
· Twittermob – An unruly and ragtag horde of people who descend on an ill-prepared location after a provocative Twitter message.
· Twittermaps – A mashup technology that lets Twitter users find each other using Google maps.
· Twitterpated – To be overwhelmed with Twitter messages.
· Twitterphoria – The elation you feel when the person you’ve added as a friend adds you back.
· Twitterrhea – The act of sending too many Twitter messages.
· Twitterrific and Twitteroo – Two services that let users post to Twitter using a Mac or PC.
· Twitterrific (2) – a really good Twitter thing
· Twitterstream – the twitter timeline (public or friends)
· Twittertories – Clusters of twittererers that follow and friend each other with little overlap with other clusters.
· Twittertude – Bad Twitter attitude. Or a state of being, like solitude only with other people present.
· Twittfessional – A confession made on Twitter
· Twitticisms – Witty tweets
· Twittilate – To arouse with tweets.
· Twittish – Too skittish to twitter.
· Twittsomnia – Twittering due to inability to sleep, thus compounding inability to sleep.
· Twittworking – Networking with Twitterites using Twitter
· Twixt and tween – Can’t decide who or what to tweet
· Twoogle – Twitter as the human Google. Pose a question, get near-instantaneous results.
· Tword – Words formed by appending “Tw” to the original word (like most words in this list).
· Twoops – When you accidentally send a private sms to Twitter
· Twopsies – When you drop things because you are twittering.