This is NOT another meme (esp since I said the last one would BE the last one), however, looking back over it now I realize it’s heavy on the serious side. So these 25 things about me will show the not-so-serious side.
1. When I was very young I studied tap dancing, baton, and piano, but was never more than average at any of them.
2. I wanted to be the first female Blue Angel (Navy Pilot), the first female NASCAR driver, and a few other female “firsts” but got beat out ever time, damnit!
3. I’m the worst klutz on the planet. I broke my ankle just walking across a concrete floor, established the premise that I do NOT chew gum and walk at the same time.
4. I slipped off the edge of an extremely high waterfall coming out of a cavern. I thought I was fubar, but turned out it was like going down a giant slip-n-slide. Played there the rest of the day.
5. I should be dead. I should have been hit head on in the middle of that bridge by the 18 wheeler that came out of the fog 10 foot in front of me. I knew I was about to die, and I closed my eyes, gripped the wheel, and wondered how badly it would hurt. When the hit never came, and I opened my eyes and was somehow “moved”… car and all… out of the way… cuh-ray-zee.
6. With enough coffee and chocolate I could rule the world.
7. I believe in performing random acts of kindness just because I can. I like to catch people off guard and make them smile.
8. I’m a cat person, but have a mini puppy at the moment. Odd…
9. I’ve been dying my hair since the age of 18. Why? You remember Lilly Munster, or the mom at the end of Poltergeist? Yeah, these silver shocks of hair coming from the temples. UUGH!
10. I’m a hockey fanatic, but only for live games.
11. When I was 7, all I wanted for XMAS was a 3 story Barbie townhouse. What I got was a telescope and a microscope. Real ones, not toys. I’ve never been without a telescope since.
12. I camp out in the darkest fields on the darkest night to watch every visible meteor shower. The sky appears like black velvet with a million glistening diamonds strewn up it, and I make a hundred wishes on a hundred shooting stars….
13. I am a good swimmer, but afraid of the water if I enter it “unexpectedly” which is why I don’t ski. With my over-active imagination, Michael Myers or Jason Vorhees are lurking beneath the surface, ready to grab me and pull me under.
14. Aside from the normal pets (dogs n cats) I’ve had a ferret, a skunk, and a vietnamese pot-bellied pig for pets.
15. I create stained glass pieces, mosaics, and other nifty crafty things.
16. I’m great at antique restoration and interior remodeling.
17. I can work with lumber and power tools as well as any damned man. Same goes for most car repairs. My daddy taught me well.
18. My daddy also taught me how to shoot almost every type of firearm better than most men I know.
19. I love love LOVE the mountains. Climbing, hiking, river rafting, cave exploring… I love the beauty of nature… and the peace it brings when you leave the house/job/hassles behind for just a while.
20. My “to do before I turn 30” list included para-sailing and repelling. I still haven’t had the chance to do either one, but still hope to someday.
21. I’ve been a rock collector since I was about 5 and my daddy gave me a hammer and had me bust open my first rock… so plain on the outside, such beauty inside. Even have my own rock tumbler/polisher.
22. I am an avid hunter of prehistoric fossils , arrowheads and other native American artifacts. Where I live was once covered by an ancient ocean millions of years ago, and plenty of evidence left behind.
23. Some of my “friends in high places” head up a few of the states paranormal research agencies, and yes, I’m also a ghost hunter.
24. I would give almost anything to be able to fully explore the likes of Pompeii, Herculaneum, a lost temple in Peru, or ancient ruins anywhere…
25. I will always see the world through rose colored glasses. The glass will always be half full, and the possibilities endless. I will probably always see people for more than they are… knowing that if they could look in a mirror and see themselves the way I see them, they would have as much faith in themselves as I have in them.