If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay.
Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.
Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.
Stop trying to change yourselves for a relationship that’s not meant to be.
Slower is better.
Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.
If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can’t “be friends.” A friend wouldn’t mistreat a friend.
If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
Don’t stay because you think “it will get better.” You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
Avoid men who’ve got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn’t marry them when he got them pregnant, Why would he treat you any differently?
Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you.
If something bothers you, speak up.
Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.
You cannot change a man’s behavior. Change comes from within.
Don’t EVER make him feel he is more important than you are… even if he has more education or in a better job. Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.
Never let a man define who you are.
Never borrow someone else’s man.
Oh Lord! If he cheated with you, he’ll cheat on you.
A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.
All men are NOT dogs.
You should not be the one doing all the bending…compromise is a two-way street.
You need time to heal between relationships…there is nothing cute about baggage… deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship. You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you…a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals…look for someone complimentary… not supplementary.
Dating is fun…even if he doesn’t turn out to be Mr.. Right.
Make him miss you sometimes…when a man always knows where you are, and you’re always readily available to him- he takes it for granted.
Don’t fully commit to a man who doesn’t give you everything that you need.
Keep him in your radar but get to know others.
Share this with other ladies….. You’ll make someone SMILE, another RETHINK her choices, and another woman PREPARE.
They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them and an entire lifetime to forget them.
• I learned that if the house you are living in tells you to “GO AWAY,” do it. Now.
• If you’re a virgin, stay that way.
• If a killer with a knife is chasing you around the house, do NOT go upstairs. Go out the front door, you idiot!
• For God’s sake, turn on the lights.
• Never split up.
• Never stoop over to see if the killer is dead. He’s not.
• Never get naked in front of a window.
• Avoid the following geographical locations: Amityville, Elm Street, Crystal Lake, Transylvania, many islands, lover’s lanes, most secluded mountain resorts and all small towns in the state of Maine.
• Never pick up hitchhikers.
• If a small town off the highway is deserted, it’s probably for a very good reason.
• If your speedometer suddenly starts turning backward, trade the car. Now.
• Never dig up strange-looking objects in the woods.
• Never bury pets or loved ones in old Native American burial grounds, because they aaaalways come back…. Muahahaha!
• As a general rule, don’t try to solve puzzles that open doorways to Hell.
• Find out what your parents were up to when they were younger. You never know if they burned up a serial killer, had a mysterious “other child,” are not your real parents, or opened up a doorway to Hell.
• Ask yourself seriously, “Do I really want to float?”
• If there is a knock on the door in the middle of the night, but no one appears at the peephole, do NOT open the door and step outside to see who’s there.
• Never turn your back to a door. Ever.
• Never assume it’s your naked boyfriend/girlfriend under the sheet.
• Never mess with DNA. For any reason.
• No sex in graveyards.
• Keep your car filled with gas, tuned up, and for God’s sake keep your keys with you!
• On Halloween, there is no such thing as “coincidence.”
• Never stay overnight in the old house at the end of town that’s supposed to be haunted. Let them think you’re chicken. Even if the prize is one million dollars. It’s not worth it.
• Pig’s blood does not make for a good practical joke.
• The guy conducting an “insomnia study” in the spookiest old mansion in town that no one will approach after dark is not telling you the truth.
• Watch out for the guy with an accent purchasing the abbey next door who works the night shift.
• If you’re alone in the house and something calls out your name, leave immediately through the nearest exit. If there is no exit, make one.
• When you’ve shot the monster six times to no effect, don’t bother throwing the gun at it. It will do you no good.
• Do not answer distress calls from deserted planets that never see daylight.
• Don’t touch the TV that calls your name.
• When the power goes out, do not go into the basement armed only with a candle to see if the fuse is out.
• Reasons to consider moving out of that great house that was such a bargain: bleeding walls, disembodied voices, too many flies, a room in the basement painted red that wasn’t on the blueprints, phone service that seems to come and go, windows that look like eyes, finding out horrible murders were committed in the house, secret passages behind the bookcases, all your neighbors loooove to cook. clean and do housework.
• In fact, when these things start happening, just set fire to the house. It always ends that way anyway and you’ll save time.
• There is no good reason why anyone’s eyes should glow red.
• The crank caller breathing heavily into the phone is already in your house.
• Children speaking in deep, scary voices should be listened to.
• There IS a boogeyman.
• If a kid says, “I see dead people,” believe him.
• If you just ripped your phone out of the wall and it rings anyway, DON’T ANSWER IT!
• Clothing to avoid: capes, high heels, ancient amulets you don’t understand.
• Never break quarantine.
• People wearing hockey masks, ski masks or any Halloween costume that covers the face should be avoided.
• The crazy old guy everybody laughs at knows what he’s talking about.
• Leprechauns really don’t want to grant you three wishes.
• Elevators going up and down by themselves have something wrong with them that a maintenance man can’t fix.
• Do not attempt to kill your spouse for her inheritance/life insurance/to marry your secretary. You will not get the results you seek.
• Reasons you are probably toast: you’re a mayor, sheriff, high school principal or some other person of authority who doesn’t believe in the monster; a lawyer, politician, CEO of a polluting corporation or similar sleazeball; a cop, doctor or similar adult trying to help the kids; you are obsessed with sex and/or drugs; your boobs are bigger than your brain; your name does not appear among the first three in the credits.
• Never open the locked door.
• Don’t go in the water.
• Pay attention to dogs, cats, horses and other more intelligent creatures. If they’re nervous, scram.
• When using a matter transporter, triple-check the pod for flies.
• Don’t mess with the gypsies.
• Never repeat any names while staring into the bathroom mirror.
• Skip the shortcut.
• Never take anything from a clown in a sewer.
• If the price of that really neat knickknack includes “a favor,” you don’t want it.
• You won’t be right back.
• Don’t pick on the miserable geek or the ugly, unpopular girl. You’ll get yours.
• The aliens are not friendly.
• No, it’s not your imagination.
•They ARE out to get you and it IS as bad as it seems!
Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.”
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked
Always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
That is what friendship means. Sharing the prejudice of experience.
Give me one friend, just one, who meets The needs of all my varying moods.
My true friends have always given me that supreme proof of devotion, a spontaneous aversion for the man I loved.
Most people enjoy the inferiority of their best friends.
What is a friend? I will tell you it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.
A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway.
“A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”
“If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. i’ll always be with you.”
“Friends are God’s way of apologizing to us for our families.”
“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”
“One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.”
“True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.”
“true friendship isn’t about being there when it’s convenient; it’s about being there when it’s not.”
I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.
“Best friends are the ones who can be the farthest away but there the fastest when you call.”
The only thing that lasts longer than a friend’s love is the stupidity that keeps us from knowing any better.
I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.
It is difficult to say who do you the most mischief: enemies with the worst intentions or friends with the best.
Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.
Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.
A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.
“No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.”
No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.
Sometimes i want to shout to the whole world how lucky i am to have you as my friend but sometimes i want to hush…afraid that somebody might take you away from me.
“Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.”
“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
The friendship between a man and a woman which does not lead to marriage or desire for marriage may be a life long experience of the greatest value to themselves and to all their circle of acquaintance and of activity; but for this type of friendship both a rare man and a rare woman are needed. Perhaps it should be added that either the man or the woman thus deeply bound in lifelong friendship who seeks marriage must find a still rarer man or woman to wed, to make such a three cornered comradeship a permanent success.
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would the still grow? Only to be troubled and insecure?
If I break the laws of Physics do I go to jail?
Will you die if you get scared half to death twice?
If quitters never win, and winners never quit, than who is the fool who said, “Quit while you’re ahead”?
Sooner or later doesn’t EVERYONE stop smoking?
Why can’t we make newspapers that don’t smudge?
Why doesn’t onomatopoeia sound like what it is?
If you choke a Smurf what color would it turn?
Whose cruel idea was it for the word lisp to have a s in it?
If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation or a murder?
Why does the psychic hotline ask for your credit card number? Shouldn’t they already know it?
Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone is going to clean them?
Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
What’s another word for thesaurus?
If you throw your pet cat out the window of your car does it bec0me cat litter?
Why is it called a TV “set” when you only get one?
How did a fool and his money get together?
Why is it that when you are driving and looking for an address you turn the radio down?
Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
Why is it that when you transport something by car it is called a shipment but when you transport something by ship it is called cargo?
If you have an open mind is there a chance your brain might fall out?
If the entire world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
Why in a country with freedom of speech are there phone bills?
Why is it that when you tell a person that there are 400 billion stars in the sky and he’ll believe you, tell him a bench is wet and he has to touch it? ,
How do I set my laser printer on stun gun?
Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
Who really took the bite out of the Apple logo?
Why when you say a color a lot does it start to sound really strange?
How many licks does it really take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
If 75% of all accidents occur within 5 miles of home, why not move 10 miles away?
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex in the box?
If the cops arrest a mime do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?
Isn’t the best way to save face to keep the lower part shut?
If it is zero degrees outside today and it is supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?
What does Geronimo yell when he jumps out of a plane?
“It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone… but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.”
“Love is good in feeling, even if you are always being hurt. It is better to be hurt by love than not loving at all”.
“To fall in love is awfully simple, to fall out of love is simply awful.”
“A kiss is something you cannot give without taking and cannot take without giving.”
“Marriage resembles a pair of shears, So joined that they cannot be separated; Often moving in opposite directions, Yet always punishing anyone who comes between them!” Sydney Smith
“Your task is not to seek for love, But merely to seek and find All the barriers within yourself That you have built against it.” Rumi
“Age does not protect us from love, But love to some extent protects us from age.”
“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” Aristotle
“My love for you is a journey; Starting at forever, And ending at never.”
“The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender.” Emil Ludwig
“The course of true love never did run smooth”. Shakespeare
“Love is like the truth, sometimes it prevails, and sometimes it hurts.”
“You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.”
“You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.”
“What greater thing is there for two human souls that to feel that they are joined… to strengthen each other… to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” George Eliot
“Love Does Not Fail For You When You Are Rejected or Betrayed or Apparently Not Loved. Love Fails For You When You Reject, Betray, and Do Not Love”. Adi Da
“The most difficult thing to explain in life is the simplest truth called love.” Ramanathan Srinivasan
“Being deeply loved someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage.” Lao Tzu
“It has been wisely said that we cannot really love anybody at whom we never laugh”. Agnes Repplier
“Love is like war, Easy to begin but hard to end.”
“Look at time and distance as the essence of the understanding in realizing how price-less it is to have you”. Ronald Johnston
“Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are”. Houssaye
“How come we don’t always know when love begins, but we always know when it ends?”
“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it..”
“We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness.” Ellen Goodman
“Don’t find love, let love find you. That’s why it’s called falling in love, because you don’t force yourself to fall, you just fall.”
“What the heart gives away is never gone … It is kept in the hearts of others.” Robin St. John
“No three words have greater power than ‘I Love You’.”
How bold one gets when one is sure of being loved.” Sigmund Freud
“Today I begin to understand what love must be, if it exists. . . . When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I imagine love to be: incompleteness in absence”. Edmond de Goncourt) and Jules de Goncourt),
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear.
“The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing”. Pascal
“Love must have wings to fly away from love, and to fly back again”. Edwin Robinson
“Love is when you look into someone’s eyes, And see everything you need.” Kristen Kappel
“The prerequisite for making love is to like someone enormously.” Helen Gurley Brown
“Love is that enviable state that knows no envy or vanity, only empathy and a longing to be greater than oneself.” Joe McMahon
“I am in love — and, my God, it is the greatest thing that can happen to a man. I tell you, find a woman you can fall in love with. Do it. Let yourself fall in love. If you have not done so already, you are wasting your life.” D. H. Lawrence
“Love is sometimes denied, sometimes lost, sometimes unrecognized, but in the end, always found with no regrets, forever valued and kept treasured.”
I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.” Rabindranath Tagore
“Love is the most beautiful of dreams and the worst of nightmares.” William Shakespeare
“A man loses his sense of direction after four drinks; A woman loses hers after four.” kisses. H.L. Mencken
“Falling in love is painful on the knee’s” Bon Jovi
Into that soft and silent shadow
Which illuminates instead of shades
Shall I seek to step inside
Into that silhouette of stilled storms.
Silence stills the soul of self
As some elusive sphere sustains me,
While echoes to sequels of insanities
Surrounds the spiritual life within.
Scorning steps of the past stampeding through the spheres of stillness
Come soaring through this soul of mine,
Relentless to succeed in scoring–
Stating my soul to it should stake.
Silent still I select one shadow–
That which shades or that which shines.
In one I shall stumble with shouts from the past;
In the other, remain sustained and anew at last.
My soul shall select as time spurns on.
Such choice is mine alone,
Sprees of indulgence from shadow to shadow come to an end.
The soul selects to which service surrender.
(an original work by T.M.M.)